Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bye Bye Pacy!

Since Anna Beth has been about 3 weeks old, she has been a huge fan of her pacy. Any time she is tired or ill she wants her pacy. Along with her pacy comes her blanket. They are a pair. You can't have one without the other. Well, I knew the time would come when I would be forced to take her pacy away. The last several days she has been turning her pacy sideways and sticking it back to her 2 year molars and gnawing away! On Thursday afternoon, she had bit a hole in the end of her pacy. I took this opportunity to cut the end off of it to see what would happen. The next time she asked for her pacy, I gave it to her. She sucked on it a couple of times, took it out of her mouth, looked at it, and told me "No, it's broke." I asked her if she wanted it back and she repeated, "No, it's broke!" So, the rest of the day she never asked for it again. I thought this will never be this easy! Just wait until bedtime! Bedtime finally came. I tucked her into bed with her blanket and waited for the question. "Where's my pacy?" I told her "Remember, it's broken." She went to sleep without even crying for it. The next day she took her nap and went to bed without it again! I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that it is GONE! She has asked for it a couple of times, but all I have to do is remind her that "It's broke" and she just keeps on with whatever she was doing. Since Thursday, it is unbelievable how much more she has talked without that thing stuck in her mouth! On our way to Chattanooga, we could hear her singing really low but couldn't tell what she was saying. I started listening really close and she was singing part of "Building Up the Temple." She kept repeating "It's too low, it's too high" while doing the hand motion. It was really sweet and makes me realize that she is learning even when I don't think she is paying attention.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

She's turning into such a big girl!! She's a year ahead of Bryson so congratulations!! They hit a milestone together. I don't know how I'm going to attempt to get rid of Kynsley's thumb..

I love your new header photo! She's just getting cuter by the day.