Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Burns/Looney Road Trip

A few months ago, Matt came home from work and told me we were now the owners of season tickets for the Ole Miss Rebels. "Why?" I asked. "I don't want to go to their games!" Well, you see, Matt and Al had been talking to good ole Jay Looney and they had decided to purchase Ole Miss season tickets so we could have tickets to the Alabama/Ole Miss game. I thought this was a ridiculous idea at the time. However, Jay sold all of our tickets for enough profit that we were able to go to our game practically free. So, on this ONE occasion, I guess I would have to say the guys were right :-) We had such a wonderful time! When you get the 6 of us together, we are destined to have a good time! We rented a van to go to Oxford in so we could all ride together. The weather was absolutely miserable. It was cold and there was a heavy mist for part of the game. It wasn't a pretty win by any means, but it was win! Roll Tide!







2 comments:

Al and Brooke said...

I have to say you are right, when we get together we always have a great time no matter the circumstances!!

Alicia said...

Absolutely Brooke! Even though I remember the weather being awful I think the fun definitley outweighed the weather! I really think you should post Matt's video of "shoe girl" on here with this.

I have to say that I've learned to trust Jay's judgement on all things football. So far he's never went wrong with these crazy sounding ideas! On all other things though I definitley require them to be run by me first!